has developed, installed and maintained fuel consumption management (FCM— Fuel Consupmtion Management) systems
We develop and offer fuel and oil consumption recording and monitoring systems depending on the ship operation modes which use measuring equipment of highaccuracy screw-type flow meters and latest information processing modules of the world leading manufacturers. Our systems are tailored to the requirements of each customer.
Our systems are general-purpose tools which help the crew and ship operators to monitor the fuel/oil consumed by ship’s equipment on a real time basis clearly and easily, analyze the ship’s power system and the whole ship’s efficiency as well as store and process the incoming data. They also facilitate detection of abnormalities in fuel system or marine engines at the initial stage as well as initiation of troubleshooting.
Our projects are based on the following factors:
- Measuring equipment has all the required marine approvals and certificates;
- Bunkering equipment has OIML R117-1 certificates for HFO, MDO and MGO;
- Turn-key project implementation starting from inspection and design to installation and maintenance;
- Flexible program decisions developed by our software specialists;
- Compatibility with available equipment and automatic process control systems;
- User-friendly graphic information perception (graph design and operation compatibility with standard operating systems);
- Automatic protection of equipment (to minimize human factor);
- Automatic data transmission to the headquarters;
- Analysis of readings at the same time and over a period of time;
- Monitoring of fuel consumption dependence on operation modes of integrated equipment devices (speed, power, quantity of energy consumers, NOx emissions, provision for installation of pumps to dose fuel additives, etc.);
- Monitoring of NOx emissions dependence on consumption (MARPOL 73/78, MEPC.217(63));
- Provision for stepwise commissioning of the control system depending on the requirements and budget of the customer. Excellent operation of each commissioned module.
Capabilities and advantages of our systems:
- Receiving information on fuel consumption by each consumer (or group) on a real time basis depending on the set parameter (l/min, gal/min, kg/hour);
- Converting the parameters (volume into weight considering temperature and density);
- Dependence of fuel consumption on engine power and revolutions;
- Measuring accuracy: 0.1 %;
- Temperature measurement error: +/- 0.5°C +/-0.2%;
- Density measuring accuracy: +/- 0.0005 g/cm3;
- Easy-to-use informative detailed view in the central control room and in bridge, output of easy data for analysis;
- Transmitting data to the office using WEB management of the platform;
- Preparing for sea and selecting ship speed condition depending on GPS calculations and fuel consumption;
- Boiler, electric drive and pump control;
- Interface with other monitoring systems and provision for supervisory control (bunkering modules, tank levels and alarms);
- NOx and COx emissions control, comparison with fuel consumption, information processing and transmission to the office;
- Provision for the system update and upgrade;
- High protection degree;
- Easy and accessible control interface.
Functional systems and their capabilities
Monitoring of fuel consumption by each consumer
and group of consumers.
- In real time. Accuracy ±0.1%
- History review
- Data archiving and data export.
- Summarized information for the voyage
- Trend review
- Data analysis in analog form and history saving in memory of the FCM system
Connection of fuel consumption optimization modules. Options:
- GPS module — current position and travelled distance
- Torque-meters on propeller shafts — calculation of power-to-fuel consumption ratio
- Torque-meters on auxiliary diesel generator shafts
- Navigation — route optimization
- TRIM module — optimal draught
- Connection to the ship control, automation and alarm system, cooperative processing and monitoring data from main engines, auxiliary diesel generators, tanks and other equipment
- Rudder blade position sensor
- Blade turn position sensor
Monitoring bunkering and cargo handling operations.
(according to OIML R117-1 for HFO, MDO and MGO)
- Real-time monitoring of received bunkering amount (received /discharged cargo).
- Accuracy ±0.5%
- History review.
- Data archiving and export
- Connection with general FCM system and data analysis
- Trend review
- Bunkering ticket printout (option)
- Real-time monitoring of received product quality