In the period from December 2014 till June 2015 our company designed, installed and handed over to the customer the FCM fuel consumption monitoring systems for Star cargo and passenger ferry operating on the route Tallinn–Helsinki. This project has the most complete configuration of FCM and allows the customer’s analysis service (Tallink AS) to monitor the fuel consumption in real time.
The complete system configuration under the project includes:
- KRAL AG differential screw-type flow metering system (two flow meters for each fuel supply and return line to the engine/boiler) for each of four main engines, three diesel generators and two boilers.
- Operator panel with the 18″ display in the central control room.
- Software allowing the operator to monitor the whole fuel system, individual consumers and consumer groups, promptly obtain consumption data, draw up tables, plot graphs, make reports, transfer data ashore automatically.
- The secondary monitor with the 21″display located in Bridge also indicates the fuel consumption by every consumer. The panel is interfaced with the shipboard GPS module and torsion meters on propeller shafts, allowing navigators to choose the optimal ship speed and mechanical engineers to distribute the load.
- Installation of two torque-meters on propeller shafts.
- “KROHNE” mass acceleration flow meter for fuel reception line (bunkering line) allowing the operator to keep a record of the exact mass of fuel received and indicate data on the operator panel.
- Installation of data transmission modules in the shipping company office in real time.
The system was installed and adjusted by our specialists in service, while the ship was in harbour and under way. The system was approved by Bureau Veritas (BV) and is currently maintained by our maintenance department.